Thursday, January 31, 2013

Puffed Caramel Rice

caramel-ricepuffs

For this easy candy, you need puffed rice. In Sweden, this is sold as "vårgårdaris", but I'm sure puffed rice is available in other places too. It's not toasted, or anything like rice crispies, just puffed.

Puffed Caramel Rice
about 20 servings

6 tbsp cream
50 g butter
4 tbsp golden syrup
75 g sugar
600 ml puffed rice
100 g melted chocolate

Melt together cream, butter, syrup and sugar. Cook for about three minutes. Stir in the rice, and make sure to coat all of it evenly.

On waxed paper, shape little mounds of rice. Let them cool completely, and then drizzle with chocolate.


4 comments:

Shraven said...

This looks yummy :-) I like puffed rice - my childhood favourite candy. It's called "burizony" in the Czech republic where I am from.

Alicia Foodycat said...

I have never seen puffed rice that wasn't toasted like rice krispies!

Alviana Kalin said...

these look nice!


FOODBLOG
x

Amaribe said...

Mhhhh... I love this. Is the puffed rice still soft afteryou caramalized it? I sometimes get those from Starbucks. But now I know how to do it myself. :-)