Friday, November 22, 2013

Chocolate fudge shortbread cakelets


havre-kolakakor


I made these cookies quite a while ago and to tell you the truth I should have paid more attention to what I did... or at least I should have written down the recipe right away and not just the measurements. But I *think* this is how I made them, and they turned out so great I can't really keep them from you.

Chocolate fudge shortbread cakelets
Makes 30

45 g rolled oats
150 g all-purpose flour
140 g sugar
1 tsp baking powder
150 g butter
1 egg yolk

fudge:
75 g butter
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 tbsp flour
3 tbsp cream
140 g sugar

Mix the oats, flour, sugar and baking powder in a bowl. Add the cold butter and work with your fingertips into a crumbly mixture. (A Kitchen-Aid works too - dice the butter before hand.) Add the egg yolk to bind it all together into a dough.

Press into little cake tins. Make a depression in each, using the back of a wooden spoon or something similar.

Bake at 175°C for 10 minutes.

Make the fudge, by combining all ingredients in a saucepan, and cook for about five minutes. Spoon into the cookies, and cook for an additional 5 minutes.

No comments: